Class work - About 25% to 40% of your grade
· Check, check plus, check minus is 3 points
· Tend to be short class assignments
· Are excused for up to 3 of these smaller assignments
per MP due to lab other reasons you are not in class.
After 3, you must make up the work.
o Check: Usually 2/3 points
Doing the minimum asked. Average work including a few
wrong answers, or the right answers but still doing the minimum
o Check +: Usually 3/3 points
Doing AND THEN SOME or more than is asked. Excellent
o Check minus: Usually 0 or 1 / 3 points
Below average work or not doing what is asked
· Larger assignments done in class are graded based on 1 point per question
or item unless otherwise noted. May be as high as 10 points per assignment.
· Some reading and writing assignments. Typically involving the
reading of an article and writing about the article or answering questions.
Between 3 and 10 points and are most often 5 to 6 points.
* It is expected you will do quality work to get the full number of points,
after all, you have the answers in front of you or you are researching and
have the information in front of you.
You must make up larger assignment work. Even
if you are out due to lab, you must make it up. You
have 5 days to do this.
Homework – Approximately 5% of your grade
· Will usually be less than 10 minutes for each assignment
· Generally will have a video to watch to gain "prior knowledge"
in starting a new subject or topic. Could also include reading an
article or part of the book. Grade factors in when there is a six to ten
point quiz associated with the assignment.
Generally will have two days to complete the assignment.
Notebook – A notebook is required. Generally 20 points
and is either graded at the end of a marking period or once
every couple weeks depending on the subject being taught.