Golf Fall 2020
Welcome to Neshaminy Golf
Fortunately, golf is pretty well suited to social distancing and most of the guidelines set up by the golf course will be within the PIAA and Neshaminy guidelines.
Neshaminy Covid-19 Guidelines
- There will be no sharing of personal equipment
- Students will be required to bring their own hydration drinks, the container should be marked with the student’s name
- A mask will be worn by coaches/directors (who are within 6ft of students), students will also wear mask during non-exuberant activities, when students arrive on campus and being pre-assessed by an adult, they should also be masked.
Pre-Screening Process; All students will be pre-screened at home and again prior to practice; any student symptomatic during the at-home screening should not to attend practice, if during the pre-screening process at school or if the student becomes ill during the practice the student will be excluded and sent home.
Fever (100.4 or>) or Chills, Cough, Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
Fatigue, Muscle or body aches, Headache, Loss of taste, Sore throat, Congestion, Nausea or Diarrhea.
For contact tracing purposes mandatory student attendance will be tracked, students may travel in small groups for practice routines as another measure of contact tracing.
Middletown Country Club Covid-19 Guidelines
- Golfers must follow CDC recommended social distancing rules, including maintaining a minimum distance of six feet away from all other people.
- Golfers are notpermitted to congregate in the parking lot, outside the entrance to the clubhouse facility, outside of the Pro Shop, or in other areas of the country club grounds and facilities.
- Guests are required to wear masks when entering the clubhouse, Golf Shop, or at the halfway house. No more than 2 guests are permitted in the Pro Shop at a time. Guests are to remain a minimum distance of 6 feet apart.
- Only two people at a time are permitted in the restroom.
- When golfing, flagsticks are not to be touched or removed. Foam swimming “noodles” have been inserted into the cups so that you can remove your ball easily from the hole.
- Ball washers and water coolers are not available on the golf course.
- Rakes have been removed from the bunkers. Golfers should use their shoes or a club to smooth the sand (to the extent reasonable).
- When golfers are finished their round, they should return to their vehicle in a timely fashion and leave the property.
- The practice green is now open to the group prior to their tee time. Only four players are permitted on the green at any one time.
Neshaminy Golf Web Site
All team information will be posted on Website
Varsity: 8 golfers
Junior Varsity: TBD
Captains Varsity / JV
Matches Golf Matches and Tournaments
Matches consist of 8 Varsity golfers per team playing a 9 hole stroke play competition. At the conclusion of the match, the aggregate of the top 5 individual scores are taken for both teams. The lowest aggregate team score determines the match winner.
Tournaments are conducted using stroke play competition in accordance with the USGA Rules of Golf.
Season of Competition
The Neshaminy Golf team competes during the Fall Sports Season that begins in August and concludes in October.
Our Divisional Opponents:
Bensalem High School
Council Rock High North
Council Rock High School South
Harry S. Truman High School
Pennsbury High School
Practice (begins at 3:00 M-Th when there is no match schedules), there is no bus to practice or home matches, so you must make arrangements. Please see me if you have any issues with this.
Please let me know if you will miss a practice, habitual missed practice may result in not being eligible to play in a match.
Middletown Country Club- Playing practice (9holes- Approximately 2 hours)
Makefield Highlands Golf Club- Range work (approximately 1.5 hours)
Uniforms Shirts are $28
Booster Parents/ Fundraising
Collared shirt, soft spikes or tennis shoes are required. Please no denim, gym shorts, t-shirts, sweat pants, or tank tops: cargo pants are frowned upon and will not be allowed during once the season starts.
- Hats/visors must be worn with brim forward, males must remove hat/visor while indoors
- Prohibited Dress at the Golf Course
- Tank tops, T-shirts
- Denim shorts, cargo shorts, short-shorts, cut-off shorts, gym shorts, jeans, sweat pants, yoga pants, ripped clothing
Know and understand how to apply the USGA rules of golf. Click on this link for an overview of the USGA Rules of Golf.
Zero tolerance for cheating, anyone who cheats will be cut.
- Unsportsmanlike conduct, including abusive language, cheating,
- Throwing a club, disrespect to volunteers, officials or fellow competitors, or abuse of golf course property
- Not adhering to the dress code at the host golf course
- Use or association with drugs, alcohol, or smoking or chewing tobacco products
- Vandalism at the host hotel, abusive behavior to host family or property
- Failure to treat host golf course with respect by ignoring the responsibility of caring for the course, filling divots and fixing ball marks
- Physical abuse, threat of physical abuse, verbal abuse, slander or libel towards other players, parents, coaches, sponsors, host golf course staff or members
Players are required to bring and use their own facemask/covering when they are unable to social distance at the host facility, especially during weather delays or evacuation
You must have Family Id registration and a current Physical ready (Dated after June 1) in order to try out.The link below will take you to family ID and PhysicalHow to get ready for the upcomming season:1. Practice: go to the driving range and putting green and practice all shots.
There are three driving ranges in the area: Makefield Highlands in Yardley (this facility has a short game practice area and putting green),
Snipes in Morrisville and The Mad Golfer in Southhampton; also Middletown has a practice putting green.
2. Play Golf
Our home course (Middletown Country Club) offers a $10 rate to the Neshaminy High Golf Team (Walking, afternoons Monday through Friday), Makefield
Highlands offers 4 $20 rate, And Five Ponds offers a $10- 9 hole rate and a $20- 18 hole rate. There are also clubs that offer junior memberships.
3. Work with a swing coach
A PGA professional will help get you ready for try outs, as well as get your game to the next level. Contact me if you need assistance finding a
4. Play in competitionsConsult the Golf Association of Philadelphia’s website for information on Junior Tournaments.5. Learn the rules of golf.Now stop reading this and go practice