Is your new student registered?
If you have a child that is eligible for kindergarten in the fall (or new to the district in any grade), please begin the 2021-2022 registration process online at www.neshaminy.org/register.
The final day of the school year will be Wednesday, June 16. June 14, 15 and 16 will be half-days for all students. The Neshaminy High School Commencement Ceremony will be held Tuesday, June 15 (rain date, June 16) at 6:30 pm.
Meal Distribution Summer Schedule
Free meals for children under the age of 18 are distributed each Friday between 11am-1pm at Tawanka ES, Poquessing MS, Hoover ES and Sandburg MS. Meals will cover days during the following week.
Starting on Friday, June 18, the program will begin an expanded summer schedule. Meals to cover every day can be picked up on Tuesdays between 11am - 1pm AND on Fridays between 11 am-1 pm at the same locations above. Meals will continue to be provided free of charge for all children under the age of 18 (no application or family income limits) throughout the summer.
Summer Reading Lists
The English Language Arts and Reading teachers at Neshaminy are pleased to present this summer's collection of recommended reading material by grade:
- Elementary Schools Grades K-4
- Middle Schools Grades 5-6
- Middle Schools Grades 7-8
- 9th Grade | 9th Grade Special Education
- 10th Grade | 10th Grade Special Education
- 11th Grade | 11th Grade Special Education
- 12th Grade | 12th Grade Special Education
Student/Staff Device Repair
Repairs for student devices are by appointment, please schedule your time using this link Summer Repair
2020 NSD MIDDLE SCHOOL ROTATION DAYS
Yearbooks are now on sale! Order your very own copy of the craziest "one of a kind" yearbook that Poquessing has ever produced! Make sure you look for the many videos that are ALWAYS a part of our school yearbook - MUSIC videos, SPORTS slideshows, the MUSICAL and a special "crazy video" that is hidden somewhere between page 1 and 100!
Place your order now at www.YearbooksForever.com so you can enjoy the fun!
ATHLETICS: Sports Physicals
Seventh(7th) and eighth(8th) grade students are permitted to tryout for sports(fall, winter and spring). ALL althletes MUST have a current physical BEFORE he/she may tryout! Complete the entire form below. The physical must be dated no earlier than June 1, 2021. The physician completes page 6.
For more sports information, please reference Sports Information under HEADLINES.
POQUESSING FOOD PANTRY
The Poquessing Food Pantry is currently open and accepting donations. Gift Cards are the most useful. Increments should be $25 or less. The following physical items are always appreciated: peanut butter, jelly, snack/breakfast bars, pasta, pasta sauce, soups, pancacke mix, pancake syrup, rice, macaroni and cheese, ketchup/mustard, fruit cups/cans, apple sauce, breakfast cereals, snack items, toothpaste, soap, toothbrushes, deodorant, shampoo, dental floss and mouth wash. Families in need of supplemental assistance may reach out to Mr. Hunt directly at THunt@neshaminy.org. All requests are strictly confidential.
1:1 Technology Information for School Year 2020-2021
Just as this past school year, each 5th grade student will receive a Chromebook. This year there will be no fee to help assist all families during the COVID-19 period. Next year, the fee will return. The links below are on-line and you must complete them in order to receive your students Chromebook. Additional information is as follows with links to forms as well.
- Your device is being Managed by GoGuardian- Web Filtering will be automatic
- Download 1:1 Technology forms and information
- Please fill out Parental form and Student Pledge
- Link to replace Chromebook Chargers
Poquessing Middle School is now using FamilyID as our sports registraton program! When you register through FamilyID, the system keeps track of your information in your FamilyID profile. Please follow the instructions below to register your student athlete.
You must log into FamilyID and fill out appropriate sections to be able to participate in a sport. Each sport season it must be updated with the new sport your athlete is playing.
A parent/guardian should register by clicking on this link:
Follow these steps:
- To find your program, click on the link provided by the Organization above and select the registration form under the word Programs.
- Next click on the blue Register Now button and scroll, if necessary, to the Create Account/Log In green buttons. If this is your first time using FamilyID, click Create Account. Click Log In, if you already have a FamilyID account.
- Create your secure FamilyID account by entering the account owner First and Last names (parent/guardian), E-mail address and password. Select I Agree to the FamilyID Terms of Service. Click Create Account.
- You will receive an email with a link to activate your new account. (If you don’t see the email, check your E-mail filters (spam, junk, etc.).
- Click on the link in your activation E-mail, which will log you in to FamilyID.com
- Once in the registration form, complete the information requested. All fields with a red* are required to have an answer.
- Click the Continue button when your form is complete.
- Review your registration summary.
- If you need assistance with registration, contact FamilyID at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 781-205-2800 x1.
- Support is available 7 days per week and messages will be returned promptly
STUDENT ATTENDANCE POLICY
In keeping with changes to Pennsylvania la, the Neshaminy School Board has adopted an updated attendance policy which took effect starting with the 2018-2019 school year. A letter describing this policy can be found below:
Senior Tax Assistance Program
Neshaminy is pleased to once again offer a property tax relief program to Senior Citizens residing in our District who meet income eligibility requirements. The deadline to apply is June 15, 2021. More information and an application form can be found here.
Free & Reduced Price Meal Program at Neshaminy
Note: All student meals will be served free of charge at least until the end of the 2020-2021 school year. This includes the grab-and-go meals distributed on Fridays to any child under the age of 18.
- Letter to Neshaminy families about the Free & Reduced Meal Program (PDF)
- Informational video (YouTube)
- Free & Reduced Meal Program information & application web page
Get the Neshaminy app!
The Neshaminy app is available for Apple and Android and can be downloaded for FREE at their online app stores. The app is a great way to connect with the District, receive important alerts, see information about your child and their school, and contact our staff.
Safe2Say Something app
Neshaminy is introducing the Safe2Say app on Thursday, April 10 in the middle schools and Neshaminy High School. Please click on the links below for more information about this important safety tool: