The Family & Consumer Science Major:
Featuring Community Service
with Ms. ScottiThe F.C.S. Major is a course designed to preparestudents for the future by promoting:
- Personal growth, character building, and interpersonal communication.
- Responsibility and contribution as an individual, family member, and community leader.
- Work ethic, organization, management, teamwork, and leadership skills.
- Service learning through practical experiences in food preparation, sewing project construction, and event planning.
Project Based Service Learning
- Desserts for the Homeless Meal
- Veterans and the Armed Forces
- Animal Shelter Contributions
- Woods Services
- Projects for Children's Hospital
- Quilts for Kids
- Red Cross Initiatives
- Aid for Friends
- Retirement Home Projects
In addition, students are given the opportunity to research needs in and outside of the community and design a project that is best suited to exploit their own interests, abilities, and talents.