The Board of the Neshaminy Education Foundation is pleased to announce the winners of the 2021-2022 mini-grants. This year the NEF has returned to the traditional competitive grant program after donating a single grant of $18,000 last year for the purchase of bluetooth headsets for teachers to assist with their online learning efforts during the pandemic. The NEF will be funding eight grants worth $9,947 this year.
The purpose of the grants is to foster innovative programs, activities and ideas in Neshaminy schools. Any staff member is eligible to apply with approval from the building principal or department administrators.
The following are grant winners:
- Pearl S. Buck ES (Bethann Boyle, Leanne Raab, Jeff Rodos): Social-emotional learning materials and activities to provide students with behavior and instruction needs pertaining to sensory processing disorder, attention deficit disorder, hyperactivity and autism.
- Neshaminy HS (Justin Bursk): School-wide culture project. Students will create multiple murals around the school to support and celebrate diversity.
- Neshaminy HS (Lisa Krieger): Student Assistance Program (SAP) incentive project. Provides incentives to help students that have been referred to the SAP program at NHS to help remove barriers to learning and motivate them to succeed. The incentives are earned once students have achieved goals related to attendance, academics, discipline or other areas.
- Maple Point & Poquessing MS (Brooke Lesser and Kathleen Kenney): New 4-way nets to promote "Old-School" physical education games such as volleyball, passball, pickleball, badminton and tennis.
- Poquessing MS (Ashley Kerrigan, Jaimie Carr and Tiffany Owens): Furniture to support "Dynamic Classroom Environment" for autistic and emotional support classrooms.
- Poquessing MS (David Wert and Dom Foti): Sublimation printer and supplies to support technology and engineering and Entrepreneurship Club.
- Albert Schweitzer ES (JoEllen Exner): Dramatic play supplies and activities for life skills students.
- Tawanka ES (Colleen Stahl): Take-home literacy materials for new English language learners and their families