Welcome to Virtual Course Selection!
Unlike previous years, the Neshaminy community cannot physically come together to learn about the new and exciting learning opportunities offered at NHS. For many underclassmen who already attend the high school, determining which course to take next occurs in our classrooms through important conversations with respected teachers and peers (“Any course you recommend for someone like me?” “What did you take last year?” “You'd love the Creative Writing elective. It’s bonkers cool.” “Have you considered Earth & Space?”).
For incoming freshmen and parents, it has been a district tradition to visit the high school, meeting our teachers and learning more about the courses and electives offered by each department.
This year the tradition continues—virtually—through a series of informative short videos that students and family, whether incoming freshmen or upperclassmen, can explore at their leisure.
We encourage you to take some time to learn about what interests you, and to discuss what is the right learning path for you and your family.
Quick info (and helpful steps):
- Your student will be asked to choose electives for the upcoming 2021-2022 school year. This will take place in class (in person or virtually).
- We hope to make this process easier by providing you with all of the information that you would normally receive at our Course Selection Night via short videos.
- The first video is from Dr. McGee (Superintendent), Mr. Staub (High School Principal), and Mrs. Pennington (High School Vice Principal), and provides you with an overview of the course selection process.
- You and your student should go through the course selection worksheet and find possible classes of interest. This way you and your family can focus your time and energy on viewing and discussing potential interests first.
- Next, sit back and enjoy! Watch the videos made by the elective departments to provide you with a better understanding of what the class has to offer your student.
- And don’t forget that if you and your family have additional questions about courses and electives you can contact our teachers or guidance counselors to learn more!
Watch this video...
Click on the Course Selection Worksheet below to find courses that might interest you.
Then, open the Course Selection Guide to learn more.
Click on the videos below that you want to see so that you can learn from the source about the elective(s) you want to join.
Art & Music
Family Consumer Science
Technology / Engineering