NESHAMINY SCHOOL DISTRICTFor other languages, please use the translation button on the right or choose the "Translate" menu option on the mobile website.
PA Pre-K Counts is a grant program funded by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania that provides FREE, high-quality, full-day pre-kindergarten education to families who meet the age and financial criteria.
What are the requirements for Pre-K Counts?
- Your child turned 3 or 4 by September 1st, 2020
- Your family meets the 2020 Federal Income Guidelines:
(maximum household income based on your 2019 Federal tax returns)
2 family members: $51,720
3 family members: $65,160
4 family members: $78,600
5 family members: $92,040
6 family members: $105,480
7 family members: $118,920
How much does Neshaminy Pre-K Counts cost?Pre-K Counts is FREE to families who meetthe age and financial guidelines.
*Families that exceed the Federal Income requirements may not apply or pay tuition*
Where are the Neshaminy Pre-K Counts classes located?
We have several locations within Neshaminy School District for the 2020-2021 school year.
Albert Schweitzer Elementary School
Walter Miller Elementary School
Tawanka Elementary School
Lower Southampton Early Learning Center
Families must provide transportation to and from the building they are assigned.
Neshaminy PKC does not offer before/after school child care.
How do I apply for Neshaminy Pre-K Counts?
1. Check Requirements:
- My child turned 3, or 4 by September 1st of 2020
- My family meets the 2020 Federal Income Guidelines
2. Complete the PKC Application
- Complete and sign the application
- Gather supporting documents
3. Copy application & all supporting documents - Do NOT include physical/immunization records
4. Mail application and supporting documents to the address below:
Pupil Services - Maple Point Middle School
Attention Kim Johnson -PKC
2250 Langhorne- Yardley Road
Langhorne, PA 19047
* There is a Drop Box located inside the administration doors. Open during school hours
Please keep a COPY of your application packet for your files. They will NOT be returned to you.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Families are accepted on a 'need' basis and not from the date the application was accepted.
- Families that exceed the Federal Income requirements may NOT apply or pay tuition.
- There is no before/after school childcare available for PKC children.
- Families must provide transportation to and from the building to which they are assigned.
- Neshaminy Pre-K Counts is a full day program … generally 8:30 am to 2:30 pm.
- Certified Teachers and CDA Certified Instructional Assistants with the education and expertise to teach young children.
- Staff will help you and your child adjust to pre-kindergarten and smoothly transition to kindergarten.
- Small class size (One teacher and One instructional assistant)
- Attendance is essential. Except for illness, children must be prompt and present on a daily basis.
- Families who do not live in Neshaminy School District MAY apply.
All documents are PDF format. If needed, please click here for Adobe Reader Application.
Please email Mrs. Kim Johnson with any questions about the Neshaminy Pre-K Counts program.
The New 2021-2022 Pre-K Counts application and Federal Income Guidelines
should be released by the end of February, 2021.