Here Comes the Bus
Neshaminy School District is pleased to introduce a free new app, Here Comes the Bus, to help you manage your student's transportation to and from school and monitor the location of their school bus or van in real time. This app, which is available for both Android and iPhone, was rolled on a school-by-school basis during the 2021-2022 school year. The app is part of a comprehensive GPS-enabled fleet management system currently used in over 1200 communities large and small across the country to manage and track school buses and other government / municipal vehicles.
With Here Comes the Bus, you can send your child to the bus stop at just the right time, helping to avoid missed buses or long waits in freezing temperatures, pouring rain, the hot sun or rush-hour traffic.
All Neshaminy schools and bus runs are now live on the Here Comes the Bus app!
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What is our school code?
The code is 29378 for all Neshaminy schools.
- Will special needs vans be included in the app?
Yes, all Neshaminy vehicles will be included and can be tracked on the Here Comes the Bus app.
- Will private school buses be included?
The goal is to include to and from private schools that are served by the Neshaminy Transportation department. With that being said, that functionality will not be available on the initial rollout.
- Do I have to use the app to get transportation notifications?
While the Here Comes the Bus app does include the ability to send push notifications to your mobile device without opening the app, the system will also send out traditional text alerts and emails which can be received without using the app at all.
- Who do I contact if I have an emergency regarding transportation of my child?
You should contact your child's school Main Office or the Neshaminy Transportation Department.
- Where do I report problems with the app?
For non-emergency app issues, please email the District’s Here Comes the Bus (HCTB) Coordinator at HCTBCoordinator@neshaminy.org.
- Can I share my child's information with a caregiver who helps us with tranportation?
Yes, the system will allow multiple devices for a single login.
- Does my child still have to be out at the bus stop before the scheduled pickup time?
Yes, please follow the normal procedure of being at the bus stop five (5) to ten (10) minutes before the child’s scheduled pickup time.
- Find your bus quickly and easily: See the exact location of your child’s school bus using your own customizable map.
- Access arrival & departure info: Confirm your child’s bus has arrived at the bus stop and at school, both before and after school.
- Get updates via email or push notification: Be notified when the bus is within five minutes of your stop, has a schedule change and more.
- Track all of your children: Have children that ride separate buses? Here Comes the Bus lets you keep tabs on each one.
- Know your privacy is protected: To use Here Comes the Bus, parents will be issued a private ID number, which grants them access to their child’s bus only.
- The Neshaminy School District number (all schools) for Here Comes the Bus is 29378
- Create an account with your own email and your student's school ID number
Here Comes the Bus introduction video
The app features an easy-to-navigate interface, live maps, and the ability to push notifications to your mobile device.
- What is our school code?