Our Art Program and PSSA Success
It is my goal to educate the whole child with an enriched art program allowing students to succeed in all areas of life; not only now, but in the future as well.
Effective Strategies used in the Art Room
to Promote Student Achievement
on the PSSA Exams
* Prompting for Multi-task, process,
and sequence understanding.
* Constant queuing & repetition of skills.
* Use of art vocabulary.
* Student self-evaluations and grading through rubric.
* Incorporating historical context as a basis for our projects.
* High degree of emphasis placed on the value of practice.
* Constant reinforcement of math applications such as:
* Collaboration with grade level instructors to interconnect the art program with
current classroom concepts.