Message from Principal Ryan Staub (July 20, 2020) regarding the Class of 2020 in-person graduation ceremony:
Based on the current executive order from the Governor of limiting outside gatherings to 250 people we will be holding two separate graduation ceremonies on August 1, 2020. With assistance from the Bucks County Health Department we have developed the following plan that both honors the Class of 2020 while promoting a safe, social distant environment. I am once again asking that we all put our differences aside and adhere to the safety measures put in place.
August 1, 2020
A-K (Blue) 9:00 am ceremony
L- Z (Red) 12:30 pm ceremony
August 2, 2020 Rain date
A-K 3:00 pm ceremony
L-Z 6:30 pm ceremony
*If needed, August 3, 2020 TBD
· Each graduate will receive two tickets, no exceptions.
· Each graduate will receive one parking pass. Students and their parents/guardians/ guests must arrive in the same car.
· Tickets and parking pass will be available for pickup Tuesday July 28th-July 30th from 7:30 am to 3:30 pm in the main office of NHS.
· There will not be a practice for graduation.
· NHS staff will be available to assist with parking. Upon arrival, parents/ guardians/ guests will escort graduates to the stadium gates.
· Graduates and their parents/ guardians/ guests should arrive 30 minutes prior to the event. A-K 8:30 am and L-Z 12:00 pm.
· Graduates will report directly to their assigned stadium seat. NHS staff will assist.
· Parents/ guardians/ guests will go directly to the bleacher side their graduate is assigned (home/visitor). Seating will be clearly marked and NHS staff will be available to assist.
· At the conclusion of the ceremony, students will be led off the field in two single file lines. Graduates should meet up with their parents/ guardians/ guests outside of the stadium. Guests will not be permitted back on the field once the graduates have exited.
· Everyone in attendance must wear a mask at all times. This includes graduates, guests and NSD employees.
· Graduate chairs on the field will be 6 feet apart.
· Seating in the bleachers will be distinctly marked 6 feet apart.
· Handicapped seating will be available on the track.
· Any Parent/Guardian or guest with a noted compromised immune system, and who will be attending graduation will be offered seating on the track (please call ahead for confirmation and arrangements).
· All Stadium Gates will be opened in order to limit congestion around the gate areas we ask that you enter the designated entrance for your stadium ticket and move promptly to your bleacher seat.
Do not attend the event on August 1, 2020 if you are symptomatic including:
§ Fever or chills
§ Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
§ Muscle or body aches
§ New loss of taste or smell
§ Sore throat
§ Congestion or runny nose
§ Nausea or vomiting
I look forward to seeing the Class of 2020 on August 1, 2020. Please contact me with any questions you may have at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ryan P. Staub