Neshaminy Girls Spring Track Information
When the season starts March 6th
Athletes must have physical/section 7 & be registered on Family ID
· PRACTICE: Will be held every day, Monday through Friday, from 2:20pm - 5:00pm unless otherwise specified by your coach. Athletes who do not drive can take the 5:15 bus home. Athletes will change in the Gym 1 or Gym 3 locker rooms.
· PAPERWORK: If you have not played a fall or winter sport, you are required to have a physical dated June 1st 2022 or later https://www.neshaminy.org/domain/104. If you have already participated in a fall or winter sport, you are required to complete the re-certification by parent or guardian (section 7 of PIAA physical).
· Every athlete also needs to register online (or login if you have previously played a sport) at https://www.neshaminy.org/domain/104 (sports registration link- girls spring track).
· ATTIRE: Athletes need to prepare to practice outside every day, which includes: sweatshirt, sweatpants, running shoes, socks, gloves, hat, etc. Running sneakers are mandatory.
· UNIFORMS: There is a one-time fee for each athlete's team uniform, which can be used for all seasons the athlete competes.
· INJURY: If an athlete has a medical issue or injury that occurs, it is important to inform the head coach, so that he can be aware of the issue and provide proper treatment.
· MEETS: Dual meets against area high school teams are mostly held on Tuesdays. Invitational meets are mainly on Saturdays and will include athletes on the team who have the top performances. However, athletes need to be AVAILABLE for all meets on the schedule unless specified by the coach. This includes ALL trial and final races at Dual Meets, Invitationals, Penn Relays (Thurs-Sat), League Championships, Districts, and States.
· The track team will host an Invitational in April and another in May. All athletes are asked to be in attendance. Parents can help by donating to help cover the cost of running an Invitational and / or volunteering to run an event.
· Parents should feel free to contact Coach White via phone, text, or e-mail.