Neshaminy Girls Spring Track Information
Our meeting and first practice will be in March - must have physical/section 7 & be registered on Family ID
· PRACTICE: Will be held every day, Monday through Friday, from 2:45pm-5:00pm unless otherwise specified by the head coach. Athletes who do not drive can take the 5:15 bus home. Athletes will change in the gym 1 locker room and meet at the track every day (Gym 1 lobby if inclement weather).
· PAPERWORK: If you have not played a fall or winter sport, you are required to have a physical dated June 1st 2021 or later https://www.neshaminy.org/domain/104. If you have already participated in a fall or winter sport, you are required to complete the re-certification by parent or guardian (section 7 of PIAA physical).
· Every athlete also needs to register online (or login if you have previously played a sport) at https://www.neshaminy.org/domain/104 (sports registration link- girls spring track).
· ATTIRE: Athletes need to prepare to practice outside every day which includes: sweatshirt, sweatpants, running shoes, socks, gloves, hat, etc. Running sneakers are mandatory.
· Athletes will need to purchase a team uniform which can be used for all seasons the athlete competes.
· INJURY: If an athlete has a medical issue or injury that occurs, it is important to inform the head coach, so that she can be aware of the issue and provide proper treatment.
· MEETS: Dual meets against area high school teams will be on Tuesdays for EVERY athlete. Invitational meets are on mainly Saturdays and will include athletes on the team who have the top performances. However, athletes need to be AVAILABLE for all meets on the schedule unless specified by the coach. This includes ALL trial and final races at Dual Meets, Invitationals, Penn Relays (Thurs-Sat), League Championships, Districts, and States.
· The track team will host a Lady Skins Invitational in April for all local school’s track teams to attend. All athletes MUST be in attendance and parents are asked to donate food items to the meet. Parents can help by volunteering in the snack stand and at events.
· ADDITIONAL INFO: There WILL be practice over spring break; the head coach will specify the times.
· Parents should feel free to contact Coach White via phone, text, or e-mail.