Non-Resident Students

  • Non-resident students are:

    • Students whose parents or guardians do not reside in the school district
    • Students who have not taken residency in the school district at the time of registration
    • Students who are living with a relative, friend, or guardian who is a resident of the school district and has accepted formal guardianship of the student
    • A school age student residing within a residential rehabilitative group home within the district, a residential Approved Private School within the district, or a school age student placed in a DPW Day Treatment Facility

    Non resident students shall be registered at the Pupil Services Office:

    The Board reserves the right to verify the residency of any student and to require a sworn statement of residential support for the student who resides with a person other than his/her parent, guardian, custodian, or CEO of group home/Residential APS/DPW Day Treatment Facility.

    In cases of multiple occupancy:

    • A Multiple Occupancy Affidavit, (click MOA to obtain form), with a notarized seal (to be renewed every school year) must be completed by the parent(s) or legal guardian(s) of the child and the Neshaminy School District property owner, and submitted to Pupil Services in order to complete registration.
    • Parents who falsify information on the Multiple Occupancy Affidavit and who fail to meet notification requirements may be held liable by the district for reimbursement of tuition and costs.

    The school district shall accept pupils from other areas who make their full-time home in the Neshaminy School District without his/her parent(s)/legal guardian(s).

    • Before a child is accepted, the person(s) with whom such a child is residing shall file a sworn statement, 1302 Affidavit of Support, (click AOS to obtain form), that they are:
      • Residents of the district
      • Supporting the child gratis
      • Assuming all personal obligations and responsibilities for the academic achievement and good standing of the child
      • Intend to so keep and support the child continuously, and not merely through the school term
    • Must show cause why the student cannot live with his/her parent(s) or guardian(s).