What is i-Ready?
i-Ready is an online program for reading and/or mathematics that will help your student’s teacher(s) determine your student’s needs, personalize their learning, and monitor progress throughout the school year. i-Ready allows your teacher(s) to meet your student exactly where they are and provides data to increase your student’s learning gains. i-Ready consists of two parts: Diagnostic and Personalized Instruction.
The i-Ready Diagnostic is an adaptive assessment that adjusts its questions to suit your student’s needs. Each item a student sees is individualized based on their answer to the previous question. For example, a series of correct answers will result in slightly harder questions, while a series of incorrect answers will yield slightly easier questions. The purpose of this is not to give your student a score or grade, but instead to determine how best to support your student’s learning.
i-Ready Personalized Instruction (My Path):
i-Ready Personalized Instruction provides students with lessons based on their individual skill level and needs, so your student can learn at a pace that is just right for them. These lessons are fun and interactive to keep your student engaged as they learn.
Each student should go on their My Path for 20 mins daily of Math & 20 mins daily of Reading
- Speak with your child about how using i-Ready will help them prepare for class work.
- Encourage your child to take each lesson and quiz question seriously.
- Encourage your child to use the tools that appear at the bottom of the screen in some lessons.
- Help your child identify and become familiar with the different parts of the student dashboard.
- Track and celebrate your child's progress!