The Neshaminy Pre-K Counts Program is currently accepting applications for 2019-2020.Pre-K Counts is a grant program funded by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania that provides FREE, high-quality, full-day pre-kindergarten education to families who meet financial criteria.For other languages, please use the translation button on the right or choose the "Translate" menu option on the mobile website.
Video: Pre-K Counts classes at Albert Schweitzer Elementary School
2019-2020 Neshaminy Pre-K Counts Program Information
There are two specific requirements for acceptance in the PKC program:
- The child must be three or four years old by September 1st.
- The total income for a family of four must meet the Federal Guidelines of $77,250.
What can I expect from a PA Pre-K Counts classroom?
- FULL DAY classes in Neshaminy School District
- Certified Teachers and CDA Certified Instructional Assistants with the education and expertise to teach young children;
- A curriculum that will help your child grow academically and socially;
- Teachers will regularly review your child’s progress and choose teaching and learning activities that are best for your child;
- Staff will help your child and you adjust to pre-kindergarten and smoothly move on to kindergarten;
- Small class size (17 students per one teacher and one instructional assistant)
How much does PA Pre-K Counts cost?Nothing! PA Pre-K Counts is free to families who meet the age and financial guidelines.
2019-2020 Income Eligibility Guidelines
(maximum household income based on 2018 Federal tax returns)
2 family members: $50,730
3 family members: $63,990
4 family members: $77,250
5 family members: $90,510
6 family members: $103,770
7 family members: $117,330
What else do I need to know?
- Neshaminy Pre-K Counts is a full day program … generally 8:30 am to 2:30 pm.
- Families are accepted on a 'need' basis and not from the date the application was accepted.
- Families that exceed the Federal Income requirements may not apply or pay tuition.
- Families who do not live in Neshaminy School District can still apply.
- There is no before/after school childcare available for PKC children.
- Families whose children are selected for the Pre-K Counts program must provide transportation on a daily basis to and from the building to which they are assigned.
- Attendance is essential. Except for illness, children must be prompt and present on a daily basis.
- Families are urged to attend parent-teacher conferences and workshops designed to empower them as their children’s first teachers.
Where are the Neshaminy Pre-K Counts classrooms?Three locations within Neshaminy are planned for the 2019 -2020 school year. Additional seats and/or sites may be added pending grant expansion approval.(the former Lower Southampton Elementary School)7 School LaneFeasterville, PA 1905330 Harmony LaneLevittown, PA 19056300 Heights LaneFeasterville, PA 19056
When should I apply?Now! Funding for 2019-2020 is complete and selection is under way. New applications should be completed by August 1, 2019.
How can I apply for the Neshaminy Pre-K Counts program?Check 2019 Federal Guidelines chart to compare your 2018 federal income tax form to compare your income to the amount earned for a family of your size. For instance, a family of four can earn up to $77,250 and still qualify. If it is less than the amount in that space, please go to the application link.
Download and complete the application
- Print it
- Sign it
- Gather supporting documents / copies required
- Please keep a copy of your application packet for your files.
Submit your application, please do one of the following:
Ms. Kim Johnson, Pre-K Counts CoordinatorPupil Services OfficeMaple Point Middle School2250 Langhorne-Yardley RoadLanghorne, PA 19047Email your questions to Ms. Kim Johnson, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax to Neshaminy Pupil Services: 215-809-6579
- Visit a local Neshaminy school and ask secretary to place in inter-office mail
- Hand deliver or mail everything to:
All documents below are PDF format. If needed, please click here for Adobe Reader Application.
- 2019-2020 Neshaminy Pre-K Counts Application
- 2019 Federal Guidelines Chart
- 2019-2020 Pre-K Counts Bucks County Enrollment flyer