at NeshaminyPre-K Counts is a grant program funded by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania that provides FREE, high-quality, full-day pre-kindergarten education to families who meet financial criteria.
Video: Pre-K Counts classes at Albert Schweitzer Elementary School
Information and Registration
2019-2020 Neshaminy Pre-K Counts Program Information
There are two general requirements for acceptance in the PKC program:
- The child must be three or four years old by September, 2019
- The total income for a family of four must meet the Federal Poverty Guidelines of approximately $75,300.
The actual guidelines have not yet been released by the Federal government.
The 2019 PKC application will be posted soon. In the meantime, interested families should gather the following documents:
- 2018 Federal Income Tax Return for all adults (18 and over) residing in your household Please include ONLY the first 2 pages of Federal Form 1040; no other tax forms are required.
- Birth Certificate (child)
- Social Security Card or Number on Tax Return (child)
- Photo ID (Parent/Guardian)
- Proof of Residency: Lease, Deed, or Mortgage Coupon. They must be current and the child’s name must be on the lease.
- Three (3) additional proofs of residency such as vehicle or home owner’s insurance, vehicle registration, utility bill for phone, water, electric, etc. Please do not send bank statements or credit card bills
If you want to be notified when the 2019 PKC application is available, please email Kim Johnson at email@example.com
What can I expect from a PA Pre-K Counts classroom?Pennsylvania Pre-K Counts classrooms will:
- have FULL DAY classes in Neshaminy School District
- have teachers with the education and expertise to teach young children;
- use a curriculum that will help your child grow academically and socially;
- regularly review your child’s progress and choose teaching and learning activities that are best for your child;
- help you and your child adjust to pre-kindergarten and smoothly move on to kindergarten;
- offer a small class size (17 students per one teacher and one aide) so that your child can have plenty of one-on-one time with the teachers.
By enrolling your child in PA Pre-K Counts, you can give your child a great start to a bright future!
Which program is right for my family?The government funds two pre-school programs, Head Start / Early Head Start and Pre-K Counts. Each has its own eligibility guidelines. If your family qualifies for Head Start, you should apply for that program only (see below).PA Pre-K Counts is designed for families who:
Further information and an application for Pre-K Counts can be found on this page below the chart.Head Start is designed for families who:
- have children who are age 3 and/or 4 by September 1
- meet the financial eligibility guidelines in the chart below (center column)
Early Head Start is an additional program for children from birth to age 3. Further information about Head Start and Early Head Start can be found here or call 215-348-2940, extension 8800.Household income as declared on 2017 Federal IRS tax returns
- have children who are age 3 and/or 4 by September 1
- meet the financial eligibility guidelines in the chart below (right column)
Number of family membersPre-K Counts household income maximumHead Start household income maximum 1$36,420$12,140 2 49,380 16,460 3 62,340 20,780 4 75,300 25,100 5 88,260 29,420 6 101,220 33,740 7 114,180 38,060 8 127,140 42,380After the above criteria has been met, additional risk factors include those who are English language learners, a family headed by a teen mother, single-parent home, special needs issues, incarcerated parent, foster child, homeless, etc.
How much does PA Pre-K Counts cost?PA Pre-K Counts is free to families who meet the financial guidelines outlined above.
Where are the Neshaminy Pre-K Counts classrooms?Three locations within Neshaminy are planned for the 2018-2019 school year:Lower Southampton Early Learning Center(the former Lower Southampton Elementary School)7 School LaneFeasterville, PA 19053Albert Schweitzer Elementary School30 Harmony LaneLevittown, PA 19056Joseph Ferderbar Elementary School300 Heights LaneFeasterville, PA 19056
When should I apply?Now! Funding for 2018-2019 is complete and selection is under way. New applications should be completed by August 1, 2018.
What else do I need to know?
- Neshaminy Pre-K Counts is a full day program …generally 8:30 am to 2:30 pm.
- Families are accepted on a 'need' basis and not from the date the application was accepted.
- Families whose children are selected for the Pre-K Counts program must provide transportation on a daily basis to and from the building to which they are assigned.
- Attendance is essential. Except for illness, children must be prompt and present on a daily basis.
- Families are urged to attend parent-teacher conferences and workshops designed to empower them as their children’s first teachers.
How can I enroll my child in a Neshaminy Pre-K Counts program?See the chart above to compare your 2017 federal income tax form to compare your income (line 22) to the amount earned for a family of your size. For instance, a family of four can earn up to $75,300 and still qualify. If it is less than the amount in that space, please go to the application link.
Dr. Amy OrlandoNeshaminy School District2250 Langhorne-Yardley RoadLanghorne, PA 19047- Or deliver the documents in person 8 am - 4 pm (7:30 am - 3:30 pm summer) on weekdays to:Pupil Services OfficeMaple Point Middle School2250 Langhorne-Yardley RoadLanghorne, PA 19047- Or take it to any Neshaminy district school and ask the office staff to place in it the inter-office mail system for Dr. Orlando.- Or, fax it to Neshaminy Pupil Services: 215-809-6579
- Download and complete the application form
- Print it
- Sign it
- Gather all other documents / copies required
- Mail everything to:
Who can I contact for more information?Email your questions to Dr. Amy Orlando, firstname.lastname@example.org
DocumentsAll documents below are PDF format
Click HERE to download the Bucks county Pre-K Counts 2018-2019 ApplicationThe fillable application can be completed on your computer by using the free Adobe Acrobat reader then printed OR print it first and fill it out by hand.