Registration will not be considered complete until written verification of the dates of immunization is shown. Required immunizations include:
- 4 doses of tetanus and diphtheria with one dose given after the fourth birthday
- 3 doses of live oral polio vaccine or 4 doses of Salk (injectable) - vaccine.
- 2 doses of live measles vaccine given on or after the first birthday or a blood test showing antibody protection.
- 1 dose of live rubella vaccine given after the first birthday or a blood lest showing antibody protection.
- 1 dose of live mumps vaccine given on or after the first birthday or a signed physician's statement indicating your child had mumps disease.
- 3 doses of Hepatitis B vaccine.
- Proof of varicella (chicken pox) immunity either by 2 doses of vaccine, history of disease, or lab test
In accordance with Pennsylvania law, children will be barred from entering school in September 2012, unless at least one dose of each antigen is given.
SPECIAL NOTES REGARDING IMMUNIZATIONS
Strict exceptions to the listed immunizations are provided only on medical, religious or moral grounds. Consult the Office of Pupil Services (215-809-6588) or your school principal for details on procedures for exceptions.
Parents and guardians are encouraged to keep official physician's records of their child's immunizations. In order to protect the health and well-being of all children, immunizations are required.
All of the school districts in Pennsylvania must comply with immunization laws. Virtually all the states of the United States have laws which meet or exceed the Pennsylvania requirements.
Your cooperation in assuring that your child is properly immunized will be appreciated.
We sincerely hope your child will have a most successful experience in our schools. We are proud of the work and results from our fine staff.
We welcome you and look forward to cooperating fully with you as parents to provide the very best education for your child.