Health Aides, Assignments & Information
| School|| Health Aide/Credentials|
| Ferderbar Elementary School|| Denise Buschmann, RN|
| Our Lady of Grace|| Kathleen Pote, LPN|
| Schweitzer Elementary School|| Sharon Kneiss, RN|
| Maple Point Middle School|| Jeanne Good, LPN|
| Holy Family|| Theresa Stumpo, RN|
| Tawanka Elementary School || Jeanne Drake, LPN|
| Neshaminy High School|| Sharon Kneiss, RN|
To provide initial emergency and ongoing health care to the children in the absence of the school nurse, Neshaminy School District employs Health Aides in all of our public elementary schools. The Health Aides report to the building principal and work cooperatively with the school nurse.
The essential functions of the Health Aide are as follows:
- Assist in helping to maintain and prepare the health records.
- Assists in preparing lists of children and schedules for various screening procedures.
- Assists in the administration of physical exams when necessary.
- Performs initial medical observation of sick and injured children in the absence of the nurse.
- Administers initial emergency first aid treatment in the absence of the nurse.
- Contacts parents, inquires about selected absentees, and monitors
follows up on completion of forms for mandated programs.
- Administers medication as prescribed by the physician with written permission from the parent.
- Maintains certification in Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation, First Aid and other health related training as required.
- Performs any related duties as necessary to care for health needs of the students.