Procedures for Participating in a Virtual Field Trip or Distance Learning Project
1. Find a field trip. You can find virtual field trips by following the links on the Video Conferencing web page. To participate in a Distance Learning project outside our school district, contact the Information Technology Department for a list of schools. For a Distance Learning project within our school district, contact a teacher or administrator with whom you would like to work with and determine the content of your videoconference. Remember, Virtual Field Trips and Distance Learning Projects should be scheduled at least 4-6 weeks in advance
2. Contact Vendor If you are planning on doing a Virtual Fieldtrip or Distance Learning Project with an organization outside of the school district, You will need to contact the vendor to find out the cost associated with the conference, the connection details, and availability of the conference. You can download the VIDEO CONFERENCE CHECKLIST here.
3. Check the Calendar for equipment availability
4. Check for funding. You will need to make sure that money is available for your Virtual Field Trip or Distance Learning Project. After contacting the vendor, you will need to fill out a PURCHASE REQUISITION FORM and submit it along with other pertinent documents (invoices, quotes, etc.) to your building principal for verification. Your principal will forward this information to the Curriculum Office in order to generate a Purchase Order. There are no fees attached to distance learning projects within our school district, and most Distance Learning Projects with other school districts do not require a fee. If there is no fee, then you can skip this step.
5. Attend the field trip. Make sure the students arrive to the location on time.
6. Do any post activities or evaluations with your students prior to the field trip.