Welcome to Maple Point - 6th Grade!Your awesome experience at middle school is about to begin! You hit the lottery when you were assigned to my classroom because you now have a supporter ready and eager to provide you with anything you need to make your 6th grade year wonderful. I intend to be your biggest fan, most vocal cheerleader, and when necessary, your toughest critic by providing you with constructive feedback. But no matter what comes your way, I will be there for you.
Have a little fun before you check out the supply list:)
Alright... catch your breath after laughing out loud!
Now here is a list of supplies needed for a successful school year...
FOR ALL CLASSES – AT ALL TIMES
1. A positive attitude, belief in yourself, and a drive to be more than AVERAGE!THIS WILL REQUIRE YOU TO WORK OUT!! EXERCISE YOUR BRAIN!!!
2. An open mind
3. A big smile and willingness to take a risk as a learner.4. A willingness to work with others
5. Silent reading book (to be kept with you at all times)
** Tissues will no longer be supplied by the school district.
MATERIALS SPECIFIC TO SOCIAL STUDIES
NOTHING REALLY!! Seriously... I am not kidding.... truly....
Ok, it can’t be nothing. But, unlike any class you have taken in the past, our classroom is PAPERLESS!!! That’s right! We are an eco-friendly, “go green,” tree hugging, waste limiting, tax payer dollars saving classroom. All of our homework, classwork, projects, and assessments will be done using 21st century technology. By using a Chromebook in conjunction with our Learning Management System called Canvas, students will be able to complete any assignment without paper. So, here is a more accurate list:
1. Your District issued Chromebook! - This is really all you will need for our class. Everything will be completed with this device. Notes, assessments, collaboration, short responses, etc.
2. Pocket folder – This folder is useful for paper materials you may receive from the District or if you are unprepared for class (forget your Chromebook).
3. A few sheets of Loose Leaf Paper - as backup if necessary.For PDF copy of the supply list to take with you to the store... Just kidding.I know this is revolutionary for many of you (parents included...) but you don't really need anything other than the Chromebook.
I hope to have an excellent school year. Let’s attack each day with enthusiasm unknown to mankind!!
Our adventure begins August 29th!