Physical Education InformationMaple Point Physical Education Program includes a great variety of activities. The program fulfills needs for physical, mental, social, and emotional development. Physical Education is a required subject and each student if expected to participate to their fullest capacity.
- Proper attire includes a T-shirt (no tank tops) and shorts for physical education class. Students must change out of school clothing for class. PE clothing may not be worn to other classes. Students must wear sneakers that tie.
- Sweat shirts and sweat pants are permitted and may be needed for cool weather.
- Jewelry should be left at home or removed/locked up during class for safety reasons.
- Medical notes are valid from a parent (for up to 2 consecutive classes) or a doctor (for a longer period of time) with an indicated date and time frame on the note.
- Medical notes need to be brought to the nurse in the morning before homeroom and the nurse will give you an excuse note to give to the PE teacher.
- An extended note from a doctor will require the student to still go to nurse for a PE excuse note but then the PE teacher will assign the student to the library. In the library the student will be required to complete a worksheet (obtained by the librarian), complete and return it to the librarian.
- Students are to go directly into the locker room prior to physical education class and to remain in the locker room to change (about 7 minutes) until dismissed and accompanied to the gym by their PE teacher. Students are not to be in any gym area unsupervised.
2. Students are highly recommended to bring in a lock to use on the lockers in the
locker room. The students are only allowed to use the lockers during class
time. They are to remove the lock after each class and bring it to every class.
- The students physical education grade is made up of 6 criteria: active participation, safe practices (behavior), preparedness (appropriate clothing), skill improvement, working well with others, and assessments.
- Make-ups- Students who are not passing are encouraged to see their PE teacher to arrange make-up classes.