Albert Schweitzer Elementary School, NSD
Title I Parent & Family Engagement Policy 2022-2023
Albert Schweitzer Elementary School has established a written Parent & Family Engagement Policy that is in alignment with the Neshaminy School District Parent & Family Engagement Policy. It is documented that the policy is updated annually. This policy will be posted on the district and the school websites and will be updated and distributed annually. The policy will be distributed to parents at conferences.
- Parents will be invited to be involved in the planning, review and improvement of the school's Parent & Family Engagement Policy and the Title I Program at an annual meeting to be held in the fall of each school year. The purpose of the annual meeting is to inform parents of the school's participation in the Title I program and to explain the requirements of the program and their right to be involved.
- At Albert Schweitzer Elementary School, parent meetings, including parent conferences, will be held at different times during the day to accommodate parents’ schedules.
- We are dedicated to supporting parents’ participation in our school’s programs. Title I funds may be used to pay reasonable and necessary expenses associated with parent engagement activities, including childcare to enable parents to participate in school-related meetings and training sessions.
- Parents are invited to participate in the joint development of a Schoolwide Program Plan under Section 1114. This applies only to Title I schools operating a Schoolwide Program. Please contact Amy Orlando (principal) if you would like to participate on this team.
- Monthly newsletters will provide parents with timely information about the Title I program.
- Parents will be provided with a description and explanation of the curriculum, the forms of academic assessment used to measure student progress, and the proficiency levels students are expected to meet at parent conferences, through regularly scheduled parent workshops, meetings, and school website/newsletters.
- Parent workshops will be held to provide assistance to parents in understanding the State's academic content standards and student achievement standards, local academic assessments and how to monitor a child's progress and how to work with teachers to improve each child’s academic achievement.
- Albert Schweitzer Elementary school will provide, if requested by parents, opportunities for regular meetings to formulate suggestions and to participate, as appropriate, in decisions relating to the education of their children, and to respond to any such suggestions as soon as feasibly possible.
- The school-parent compact was jointly developed with parents and the compact outlines how parents, the entire school staff and students will share in the responsibility for improved student achievement. The compact describes how the school provides materials and training to help parents to work with their children to improve their children's achievement, such as literacy training and using technology, as appropriate, to foster parent engagement.
This Parent & Family Engagement Policy has been developed jointly with, and agreed on with, parents of children participating in Title I, Part A programs, as evidenced by parent meeting held on October 3, 2022.
This policy will be in effect for the period of one year. The school will make available this policy to all parents of participating Title I, Part A children on or before December 30, 2022.