Lesson #4 – Adding Whole Numbers
1. Reasonable - something that makes sense when given facts are taken into account.
2. Regroup - to compose or decompose ones, tens, hundreds, thousands, and so forth. For example, 10 ones can be regrouped as 1 ten, or 1 hundred can be regrouped as 10 tens.
3. Addend - a number being added
4. Algorithm - a set of routine steps used to solve problems
5. Estimate (verb) - to give an approximate number or answer based on mathematical thinking.
6. Round - to approximate the value of a number by finding the nearest ten, hundred, or other place value.
7. Sum - the result of addition.