Walter Miller Elementary SchoolSchool Wide Positive Behavioral SupportWalter Miller’s
School Wide Positive Behavioral Support Program
New: Our SWPBS Spirit T-Shirts are available to purchase. All orders are to be made online through the above link. Thank you!
What is SWPBS?
School Wide Positive Behavior Support is a different way of handling discipline. In a school setting, it cannot be assumed that students know correct behaviors. Children come from different backgrounds and cultures that view behavior in their own unique ways. Therefore, students are taught appropriate school behaviors and expectations. Students are rewarded when they display the expected behaviors.What does SWPBS look like?
· Expectations are displayed throughout the school through actions and peers.
· Students, staff and parents are taught the expectations throughout the school year.
· Students and staff are able to state the expectations.
· Staff members model SWPBS expectations for students.
· Students are rewarded for displaying appropriate behavior in school.
Students are expected to be RESPECTFUL, RESPONSIBLE and SAFE. These expectations should be demonstrated at all times.Mission
The purpose of Miller’s SWPBS program is to establish and maintain a safe and effective school environment that maximizes the academic achievement and social-emotional-behavioral competence of ALL students. It is our mission to help each child reach their greatest potential through positive behavioral supports throughout the entire school environment.Below, please find links to some SWPBS resources.Walter Miller's 3 to Be:Be RespectfulBe ResponsibleBe SafePlease visit again as more information will be posted.