This year you will make connections in math with the Math in Focus program. Math in Focus: The Singapore Approach is the world-class math curriculum from Singapore adapted for U.S. classrooms.
You will learn concepts in an engaging format and practice those concepts to develop a deep understanding through problem solving, games, and discussions.
• building problem-solving skills and strategies
• multiplying and dividing 2-digit numbers, fractions, mixed numbers, and decimals
• solving equations and evaluating inequalities
• finding area of a triangle, and surface area and volume of three-dimensional shapes
• using ratios and percents, and finding the probability of an event
• applying properties of angles, triangles, and four-sided figures