Dear Ferderbar Families,
Neshaminy Title I Spotlight on Literacy is a series of on-demand mini workshops that provide families with background knowledge, strategies and resources to support learners at home with reading and related areas. Each issue will focus on a specific area of literacy. You will learn a definition for the given skill and learn how or why it is important to reading. Additionally, one of our NSD reading specialists will model a skill related activity that you can try at home with your reader.
1. The first issue focuses on phonemic awareness, a reading related skill.
2. The second issue focuses on sight words.
3. The third issue focuses on fluency.
4. The fourth issue focuses on vocabulary.
5. The fifth issue focuses on advanced phonics.
6. The sixth issue focuses on comprehension.