Dear New Second Grader and Parents/Guardians,
Welcome to Second Grade! 😊 We will have a lot of fun this year AND learn a lot too.
I can’t wait to meet you! Please come to our Open House on August 29 between 1:30 -2:30 pm. You should bring your supplies to our classroom, C102, at that time. If you cannot come to the Open House, I’ll see you on August 31.
I have set up a Flip Video site so that we can get to know each other! It’s a site where we can post short videos. When you visit the website, you’ll be able to see the video I posted about myself and any other videos that your classmates have posted about themselves. (Parents: please note, that I need to approve the video before it is posted to the Flip Grid so your child’s video may not be immediately visible.) Use your Chromebook and type: https://flipgrid.com/90bc58f3. When it asks how you’d like to continue, click “Continue with Google.” If you are having trouble posting your video, email me at email@example.com and I will help. Don’t forget to revisit the Flip Grid periodically so you can see any new videos that were added. I can’t wait to find out all about you!
Parents, please join our class on Class Dojo ASAP. Joining Class Dojo allows us to message each other, similar to texting. It also allows me to easily post photos and show you what is happening in the classroom. Our “Class Story,” page looks similar to a Facebook Feed, however it can only be viewed by our class families. Join by clicking: https://www.classdojo.com/ul/p/addKid?target=class&class=CECJZBT. Once you join, please send me a message telling me about your child or asking any questions that aren’t answered on my website. 😊 My website can be found at: https://www.neshaminy.org/Domain/1344.This is your “Go to site” to find answers to your questions.
The 2023-2024 second grade supplies are:
● 1 small pencil box
● 12 Yellow #2 pencils sharpened
● Small pink erasers (2 or 3)
● 24 count box of crayons (Crayola preferred)
● 4 thin Expo whiteboard markers
● 1 pair of scissors
● Glue sticks (4 count to start the year)
● Sock or eraser for a whiteboard
● 2 two-pocket folders with prongs (plastic or heavy-duty preferred)
● 2 marbled composition notebooks (wide-ruled)
● 1 one-inch 3-ring binder (with clear pockets) ★no zipper or velcro binders★
● 1 pack of ten binder dividers
● 1 pair of heavy duty headphones (no wireless headphones please) - Please verify that your headphones work with your Chromebook. Then label them with your child’s name and place them in a gallon size ziploc baggie.
● 1 box of tissues
● 1 container of Clorox / Lysol wipes
● 1 set of extra clothes (in a ziploc bag to keep in backpack)
★Please label all of your child’s supplies!★
We’re going to have a great year!
😊 Mrs. Susan Wendling