Jessica Gordon, M.Ed.
Elementary School Counselor
Joseph Ferderbar Elementary School
Neshaminy School District - We Build Futures
This is my fourth year at Joseph Ferderbar Elementary School. It is an honor to support the students and families of this amazing school community. Students often refer to me as their "feelings teacher" because I help students manage their emotions and talk with them about their feelings. I meet with students to discuss coping skills, making friends and getting along with others, making good choices, family changes and/or loss, handling conflict, and many other topics! I support parents & guardians too! If you have any concerns regarding your child or if your family is experiencing something out of the ordinary, I welcome the opportunity to speak with you. Please contact me if you have any questions or concerns throughout the school year.
Education: Bachelor of Science in Early Childhood Education from Temple University, Master of Education in School Counseling from West Chester University
Certifications: PA School Counseling Certification K-12, PA Early Childhood Education Certification K-4
Elementary School Counselors' goal is to assist students in achieving their potential intellectually, socially and emotionally. Some of the primary services we provide are:
- Individual school counseling
- Social-Emotional Learning (SEL) classroom lessons
- Small group counseling provided through Lunch Bunch groups
- Consultation with teachers, parents & guardians, and administrators
- Coordinate district and state level standardized testing
- Active member of the ESAP Team (Elementary Student Assistance Program)