The role of the ESAP Team at Herbert Hoover Elementary is to help students and their parents overcome barriers to learning. The ESAP Team process is a systematic approach to helping students with academic, social and/ or emotional needs.
The process begins with a referral to the School Counselor. This referral will often come from the teacher, but can come from parents as well. Members of our ESAP Team include:
Ms. Brooks, Title 1 Reading Specialist
- Mr. Welwood, Reading Specialist
Ms. Wood, School Counselor (3-4)
- Mrs. Pecuch, School Counselor (K-2)
- Mrs. Barber, Kindergarten Teacher
- Ms. Donaghy, First Grade Teacher
- Mrs. Hughes, Fourth Grade Teacher
Ms. Szodfridt, School Psychologist
Parents are always part of the process and are invited to become members ot the ESAP team as well.