STATE MANDATED HEALTH SERVICES
- Physicals – Required for Kindergarten, 6th and 9th grades as well as students new to the district.
- Dentals – Required for Kindergarten, 3rd and 7th grades as well as students new to the district.
- Height and Weight – All grades, annually
- Vision Screening:
- Far: all students annually
- Near: all students annually
- Convex Lens Test: 1st grade and previously untested
- Color Vision Test: 1st and 2nd grades and previously untested
- Stereo Depth Perception Test: 1st and 2nd grades and previously untested
- Hearing Screening – K, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 7th &11th grades
- Scoliosis Screening – 6th & 7th grades
- Body Mass Index [BMI] and BMI Percentile- grades Kindergarten through 12th , annually
Parents, please note:
- All screening exams may be rated as pass or fail.
- Failure means that the results are outside the expected range but are not a diagnosis of ill health.
- Parents will be notified of all failures with regard to health screenings. It is recommended that your child be examined by an appropriate health care provider.