Our math program is based on the Pennsylvania State standards. Topics this year include:
- Addition and subtraction, with and without regrouping, up to 1,000
- Word problems
We will use various materials to help your child learn these concepts. If you want to give your child a heads up on them, here are several ways to make his/her learning fun.
- Ask addition/subtraction problems when you’re in the car. It gives your child an opportunity to review what has been addressed in class.
- Let them count your change. If they can identify and add correctly, let them keep it!
- Most children have digital clocks, but they are required to be able to read a regular one. Please use vocabulary such as quarter after, twenty of, half past, etc. Anything you can do to help themgrasp this concept,would be beneficial.
- Count by 2’s, 5’s, and 10’s. It will help them make the transition to multiplication easier.