Helpful Reading Tips-
The following are a few guidelines that you can use to help your child become a better reader. Your reinforcement at home of what we are doing in the classroom will not only make your child a better reader, but will also help to develop a life long love of reading in him/her.
1. Read the title and author/illustrator.
2. Ask your child why he/she chose that particular book.
3. Look through all of the pictures.
4. As the two of you are looking through the pictures, make guesses about what might happen
in the story.
1. Read the story or have your child read it to you.
2. Stop and talk from time to time about the guesses you two made and how they are the same or different from what is actually happening in the story.
1. Discuss with your child his/her favorite parts, any sad parts, fun parts, or what might be appropriate to the story.
2. If your child really liked the book, ask him/her if he/she would like to illustrate any favorite parts.