Is your new student registered?
If you have a child that is eligible for kindergarten in the fall (or new to the district in any grade), please begin the 2021-2022 registration process online at www.neshaminy.org/register.
The final day of the school year will be Wednesday, June 16. June 14, 15 and 16 will be half-days for all students. The Neshaminy High School Commencement Ceremony will be held Tuesday, June 15 (rain date, June 16) at 6:30 pm.
Meal Distribution Summer Schedule
Free meals for children under the age of 18 are distributed each Friday between 11am-1pm at Tawanka ES, Poquessing MS, Hoover ES and Sandburg MS. Meals will cover days during the following week.
Starting on Friday, June 18, the program will begin an expanded summer schedule. Meals to cover every day can be picked up on Tuesdays between 11am - 1pm AND on Fridays between 11 am-1 pm at the same locations above. Meals will continue to be provided free of charge for all children under the age of 18 (no application or family income limits) throughout the summer.
Summer Reading Lists
The English Language Arts and Reading teachers at Neshaminy are pleased to present this summer's collection of recommended reading material by grade:
- Elementary Schools Grades K-4
- Middle Schools Grades 5-6
- Middle Schools Grades 7-8
- 9th Grade | 9th Grade Special Education
- 10th Grade | 10th Grade Special Education
- 11th Grade | 11th Grade Special Education
- 12th Grade | 12th Grade Special Education
Student Device Pick-Up / Repair
Families can still request a device for their student. Please see the technology information page for details and forms for pick-up and device repair.
PSSA testing information
The Pennsylvania PSSA test will be administered between June 2-10, 2021 for grades 3-8. Please see the documents below for exact testing dates and important information regarding the administration of these tests:
- PSSA / Keystone test parent informational letter
- PSSA test parent FAQ
- Keystone / PSSA electronic device policy
- Keystone / PSSA calculator policy
Pearl Buck Elementary opens its doors to students at 8:50 each morning. The official school day ends at 3:30 PM. We begin to dismiss our walkers and car riders at 3:33 PM, followed by our bus riders.
Please do not drop-off your child before 8:50 AM, as we do not provide supervision until 8:50. If before or after care is needed, Neshaminy Kids Club is our in-house provider. They may be contacted at 215-757-2554. You may also choose to utilize another before/after care provider that services our school. Before and after care providers are fee-based. Please contact them directly to discuss their rates.
- Please remember to bring I.D. with you when picking up your child. If someone else routinely picks-up your child, please make sure to list them as an emergency contact AND remind them to have proper I.D. when they arrive.
- Please be sure to write your child's teacher a note regarding ANY changes to your child's afternoon routines. For last-minute changes, please call the school office at 215-809-6300 and speak with one of our secretaries.
- Our lost and found is growing. It is full of coats, fleece jackets, hats, scarves, etc. Please have your child check for lost personal items. Parents may also visit the lost and found. Please check-in at the office first.
Be food allergy aware!
Due to varied allergy and dietary needs, please contact your child's teacher before sending in food for students other than your child (e.g. for birthday celebrations, class parties). Do not send in any items until the teacher has responded and confirmed the appropriateness of your request. Also, students should not share food at any time during school - even with a close friend. A seemingly harmless food item may unexpectedly contain allergens, or interact with other medical conditions. Depending on the health needs in the classroom, teachers may choose to avoid food-oriented experiences altogether.
Senior Tax Assistance Program
Neshaminy is pleased to once again offer a property tax relief program to Senior Citizens residing in our District who meet income eligibility requirements. The deadline to apply is June 15, 2021. More information and an application form can be found here.
Free & Reduced Price Meal Program at Neshaminy
Note: All student meals will be served free of charge at least until the end of the 2020-2021 school year. This includes the grab-and-go meals distributed on Fridays to any child under the age of 18.
- Letter to Neshaminy families about the Free & Reduced Meal Program (PDF)
- Informational video (YouTube)
- Free & Reduced Meal Program information & application web page
Get the Neshaminy app!
The Neshaminy app is available for Apple and Android and can be downloaded for FREE at their online app stores. The app is a great way to connect with the District, receive important alerts, see information about your child and their school, and contact our staff.
Safe2Say Something app
Neshaminy is introducing the Safe2Say app on Thursday, April 10 in the middle schools and Neshaminy High School. Please click on the links below for more information about this important safety tool: