Free meals for children under the age of 18 are distributed each Friday between 11am-1pm at Tawanka ES, Poquessing MS, Hoover ES and Sandburg MS. Meals will cover days during the following week that students do not attend school (for those on the hybrid schedule), or covering every school day for students attending virtually.
Modified Plan A
Students in grades K-4 to are in school for full-time instruction 4 days a week (Mon-Thurs). Students in grades 5-12 will continue with the Blue / Red Hybrid Plan until at least until January or February (depending on conditions at the time). Students in all grades will continue with synchronous online instruction on Fridays. Information about this plan can be found at the re-opening website.
Student Device Pick-Up / Repair
Families can still request a device for their student. Please see the technology information page for details and forms for pick-up and device repair.
Meal Plans / Free & Reduced
All student meals will be free of charge through the end of the school year. Families can continue to pick up "grab & go" free meals for weekdays on Fridays between 11am - 1pm for the following week at Tawanka ES, Poquessing MS, Herbert Hoover ES and Carl Sandburg MS. No application is required. More information can be found here.
Pearl Buck Elementary opens its doors to students at 8:50 each morning. The official school day ends at 3:30 PM. We begin to dismiss our walkers and car riders at 3:33 PM, followed by our bus riders.
Please do not drop-off your child before 8:50 AM, as we do not provide supervision until 8:50. If before or after care is needed, Neshaminy Kids Club is our in-house provider. They may be contacted at 215-757-2554. You may also choose to utilize another before/after care provider that services our school. Before and after care providers are fee-based. Please contact them directly to discuss their rates.
- Please remember to bring I.D. with you when picking up your child. If someone else routinely picks-up your child, please make sure to list them as an emergency contact AND remind them to have proper I.D. when they arrive.
- Please be sure to write your child's teacher a note regarding ANY changes to your child's afternoon routines. For last-minute changes, please call the school office at 215-809-6300 and speak with one of our secretaries.
- Our lost and found is growing. It is full of coats, fleece jackets, hats, scarves, etc. Please have your child check for lost personal items. Parents may also visit the lost and found. Please check-in at the office first.
Be food allergy aware!
Due to varied allergy and dietary needs, please contact your child's teacher before sending in food for students other than your child (e.g. for birthday celebrations, class parties). Do not send in any items until the teacher has responded and confirmed the appropriateness of your request. Also, students should not share food at any time during school - even with a close friend. A seemingly harmless food item may unexpectedly contain allergens, or interact with other medical conditions. Depending on the health needs in the classroom, teachers may choose to avoid food-oriented experiences altogether.
Free & Reduced Price Meal Program at Neshaminy
Note: All student meals will be served free of charge at least until the end of the 2020-2021 school year. This includes the grab-and-go meals distributed on Fridays to any child under the age of 18.
- Letter to Neshaminy families about the Free & Reduced Meal Program (PDF)
- Informational video (YouTube)
- Free & Reduced Meal Program information & application web page
Get the Neshaminy app!
The Neshaminy app is available for Apple and Android and can be downloaded for FREE at their online app stores. The app is a great way to connect with the District, receive important alerts, see information about your child and their school, and contact our staff.
Safe2Say Something app
Neshaminy is introducing the Safe2Say app on Thursday, April 10 in the middle schools and Neshaminy High School. Please click on the links below for more information about this important safety tool: