Frequently Asked Questions at Lower South:
How can I contact my child's teacher?

You can call the office at (215) 809-6350 from 8:00-4:00 PM and leave your name, number and a brief message with one of the secretaries. Lower South also has voice mail. Your message will be forwarded to the appropriate individual within 24 hours of receipt. 

My child is sick and I want to pick up the homework.
You can leave a request for homework by calling the office at 215-809-6350.  All requests for homework should be done by 11:00 a.m. so that teachers have time to prepare the asssignments to be picked up/delivered home via buddy, sibling, neighbor. You may also pick up homework in the office until the office closes at 4:00PM.
In case of inclement weather, where can I find the school closing information?
  • You can dial in to our local radio station WBCB 1490AM
  • The Neshaminy School District code is 752 on KYW 1060 AM
  • Wait for a call from Parent Link Messaging system.
  • You can check on our district website  
  • Please avoid calling the school directly unless you have a specific need that we can address.  Phone lines quickly become jammed during these weather-related closings.

I want to put money into my child's lunch account and find out how much money is in my child's account?

There are three ways to pay for your child's meals:
1.  Parentonline  (Online payment system)
Prepay for your student's meals online safely and conveniently. view account balances, daily spending, and purchases.  Visit:
2.  Mail Check (to student's school cafeteria)
Prepay for your student's meals by sending a check to your school.  The check should include:  student name, grade, and 5 digit pin number.
3.  Pay by Cash (to student's school cafeteria)
Your student can pay at the register using their 5 digit pin number.  They should have their money out of their pocket when approaching the register.
What time is breakfast served in the cafeteria?
A brown-bagged breakfast is served from 8:50 - 9:10 a.m in the cafeteria each morning.  The children will receive their breakfast and go to their homerooms to consume it.  The cost of breakfast is $1.00.
Where can I get a copy of the lunch menu?
You can click the School Menu link on the Distrcit's main webiste, or follow the link for Lower South, Lunch Menu.
My child has a food allergy. Who should I talk to about this?
If your child has a food allergy, it is important to alert the School Nurse as well as the child's teaching staff as soon as possible. The nurse will advise you as to further steps you need to take. Your child's class will be informed that there is a food allergy that they need to be made aware of and precautions will be taken to protect your child.
How can I find out about the school's results on the most recent PSSA's?
Click on this website to find out more information about Lower South's PSSA testing results for the previous school year. 
My child is not going to be taking the bus in the morning. How early may I drop them off at school?

You can drop off your child from 8:50-9:10 a.m. at the student drop-off location of the lower parking lot of the school. Children coming to school after 9:10 am are considered late and need to stop at the front office with a parent/guardian to sign in.  

What if I want to pick my child up rather than taking the bus home?
If you are going to pick your child up before the bus takes your child home, please send a note with your child in the morning.  You may also call ahead of time.  The office can better meet your needs if they have enough  time to relay that information to the proper staff members.  Please avoid showing up at dismissal with this request.  Classes get ready for dismissal procedures at approximately 3:25 PM.
I would like my child to go home with a friend.  How do I go about this?
Requests for students to change buses to visit friends after school cannot be honored since most of our school buses are at or near capacity. However, if they will be picked up as car riders or walkers, a note will be needed from both sending and receiving parents. We thank you in advance for your cooperation and support.
Who do I call if I have a problem or concern with the bus?
If you have questions or concerns regarding bus schedules, you may call the Neshaminy School District Transportation Office at 215-809-6260 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. on weekdays only. Questions and requests will be processed according to "priority" - with concerns regarding student safety receiving immediate attention.
How can I find out more information about Lower South (demographics, community, enrollment data, test scores, etc.)?
You can click on this website to find out more specific information about Lower South:
Last Modified on August 25, 2015