HALLOWEEN Parade Information!
On Friday, October 31st, the Herbert Hoover Elementary School Halloween Parade
The whole school parade will take place in the back of the school in the recess yard beginning at 2:15 PM if the weather is clear. Family members may line the recess yard in the designated area. (cones, caution tape, ect.)
· Costumes depicting any violence or horror as seen in the movies, on the news or in comics, are not permitted.
· Weapons of any kind, including metal, plastic, wood and cardboard, are not permitted.
If you do not wish to have your child participate in the parade or classroom activities that follow, please complete the form that was sent home with your child or write a note to the classroom teacher. Your child will be excused from the festivities beginning at 2:00 PM and provided an alternative activity not related to this event. Or, you may pick your child up from school at 2:00 PM with no ramifications for his/her absence.
We request that students in grades full day kindergarten to fifth bring their costumes to school in a bag with their name and teacher’s name marked clearly on the bag. Students will be provided time in the classroom to dress in their costumes in preparation for the parade.
In order to help ensure the health, safety, and well being of all our students and staff, the following procedures will be followed:
1. Parents/Guardians and community members that plan on watching the parade will do so in the back of the school. No visitors will be permitted in children’s classrooms before or after the parade.
2. The parade will begin promptly at 2:15 PM as students will walk by grade along the outside perimeter of the blacktop.
3. Only those parents who are assisting with classroom celebrations will be permitted into the building. Teachers will notify those parents and the office who will be assisting in the classroom celebrations.
4. If the weather conditions are poor and the parade needs to be cancelled, a decision will be made by 8:00AM that morning and will be announced via Parent link and the Herbert Hoover web site. In the event of a cancellation, the parade will not be rescheduled. Students will still have their scheduled classroom activities.
5. In the past this event has disrupted the school environment due to the high number of parents signing their children out of school after the parade. This year we are strongly discouraging this practice. Many of our students will be concluding the day with a classroom party.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation with these procedures. Our concern is for the safety and well being of all students and staff. We hope this is an enjoyable day for everyone.
Please, please drive very carefully on school grounds.