6th GRADE ENGLISH WITH MRS. JOHNSON
Welcome to my class! This year we will be having fun with English/Language Arts. We will be learning about reading and writing, and how to improve your skills and enjoyment of both. Also, we will be practicing speaking and listening skills, as well as cooperative group skills. I know you will have a great year!
Organization is the key to success! Get organized early and stay that way. You will be glad you did. If you become disorganized, please see me as soon as possible so we can fix things. Do not wait until the end of the marking period!
REQUIRED MATERIALS FOR ENGLISH WITH MRS. JOHNSON
- ____Three-ring binder (1 inch) for English only with 4 Dividers.
( Literature / Writing / Assessments / Notebook Paper)
- ____Spiral notebook for “Writer’s Journal”
(Recommended: 8½ x 11 college ruled, One subject, 100 pages, Mead-Five Star)
3. ____A folder with 2 inside pockets for “Classroom Writing Folder”
(Any design you like! This will stay in the classroom all year.)
4. ____Self chosen reading book (You need to have one at all times.)
5. ____Notebook Paper (a small supply, reinforced holes recommended)
*Many students find it helpful to have reinforcements as well.
6. ____ Pencils and Pens (a pencil case is optional but very helpful)
7. ____Colored pencils (a small set is fine)8. _____Highlighters (1 or 2 colors)
9. _____Glue Sticks10._____A positive attitude!
I’M LOOKING FORWARD TO A GREAT YEAR! I HOPE YOU ARE TOO!