Neshaminy School District is proud to provide science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) opportunities for our students at each grade level.What is STEM at Neshaminy? NSD STEM Director David Geanette explains:
PA Definition of STEM:“STEM education is an intentional, integrative approach to teaching and learning in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics. Students become adept problem solvers, innovators, and inventors who are self-reliant by asking questions, investigating, making informed decisions about how they live their daily lives and engage in their vocations and communities.”
In addition, we believe that STEM is the . . .
- Integration of science, technology, engineering and mathematics.
- Teaching of concepts in activity-, project-, and problem-based learning experiences, rather than just talking about them.
- Application of these principles in real world experiences rather than as abstract concepts.
- Promotion of careers in which this integrated approach is the norm.
- Need to develop strong “soft skills” along with the technical skills.
(click to view)
What is STEM? (Video from the Natitional Academy of Sciences)
Back to Top Next >>