Staff Nurses, Assignments & Information
School Staff Nurses/Credentials Joseph Ferderbar Elementary/Poquesing Middle Casey Graefe, RN Neshaminy High Kathleen Pote, LPN Albert Schweitzer Elementary/Carl Sandburg Middle Kathryn Groves, RN Walter Miller Elementary Herbert Hoover Elementary Jeanne Good, LPN Pearl S. Buck Elementary Tawanka Elementary Debby DiSandro, RN Maple Point Middle Sharon Kneiss, RN
To provide initial emergency and ongoing health care to the children in the absence of the school nurse, Neshaminy School District employs Health Aides in all of our public elementary schools. The Health Aides report to the building principal and work cooperatively with the school nurse.
The essential functions of the Health Aide are as follows:
- Assist in helping to maintain and prepare the health records.
- Assists in preparing lists of children and schedules for various screening procedures.
- Assists in the administration of physical exams when necessary.
- Performs initial medical observation of sick and injured children in the absence of the nurse.
- Administers initial emergency first aid treatment in the absence of the nurse.
- Contacts parents, inquires about selected absentees, and monitors
follows up on completion of forms for mandated programs.
- Administers medication as prescribed by the physician with written permission from the parent.
- Maintains certification in Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation, First Aid and other health related training as required.
- Performs any related duties as necessary to care for health needs of the students.