Teacher Biography: Amy H. NeffI feel very fortunate to be in my current position teaching kindergarten at beautiful, shiny, climate-conditioned Tawanka Elementary School. Throughout my years of teaching, I have instructed many different grade levels: third, fourth, fifth and sixth grade. Upon graduation from Bloomsburg State University (formally Bloomburg State College), I began my teaching career in Fox Chase, teaching sixth grade at St. Cecilia Catholic School. After two years, I was hired by Neshaminy School District and have been a proud teacher for over thirty years. My first position in fourth grade at Albert Schweitzer Elementary School in Levittown was such a joy. Quite a number of my students there became teachers and told me I was their inspiration. I stayed at Schweitzer for over ten years teaching third grade and fourth grade. During that time I earned a Masters Degree in Elementary Education with a core in Science from Arcadia University (formally Beaver College).Next, a move to the "original" Tawanka Elementary School found me educating fifth graders until the building was closed three years later. Oliver Heckman Elementary School was my next stop where I taught fifth and fourth grade. Heckman closed fourteen years later. At that point, I chose to be at the "new" Tawanka Elementary School teaching kindergarten. Without a doubt, it is the most challenging and rewarding grade of all! An extra bonus, is that this new school will stay open for a long time to come.As I traversed Neshaminy School District, I've had the pleasure of meeting many students and their parents. It's possible someone in your family or one of your neighbors was a student in one of my classes. Recently, I have taught the children of my former students. It makes me smile, but I do wonder where time has gone! Please let me know if you have a connection.On a personal note, I love the beach, playing the guitar and ukeleke, singing, reading, traveling and spending time with my 26 year old daughter.More information follows.Amy H. Neff
- B.S. Bloomburg Universtity of PA (Elementary Education K-6)
- M.Ed. Beaver College (Arcadia University) Elementary Education with a core in Science
- College credits, school and district professional development, IU Cohort, professional books, professional periodicals, National Science Teacher Conventions, on-line learning and research.
- NEWEST -NASA Workshop for Elementary Students (Kennedy Space Center and Space Camp)
- Project LABS (Developed lesson plan with Roman Haas scientist)
- Marquis Who's Who in American Education; Who's Who in the US.
Interests & Family:
- Music: singing, guitar, ukelele
- Reading: All genres
- Interests: bikng, theater, beach at Ocean City,New Jersey.
- Family: Very proud of Kaylee (daughter) graduate of Marist College- Digital Media (Film editing; Animation). Large extended family.
Leadership and Philosophy:
- SWPBS Team member
- Professional Mission: Encourage students to be life-long learners, critical thinkers, and creative problem-solvers.
- Safe Environment: Where students feel comfortable taking academic risks and embrace the process of learning. Be kind!
- Appreciation of Individuality: Each child is unique and has special talents, gifts and ideas to share. Each child has areas for growth.
- We're a Team: Communication between home and school is a priority to student success and happiness.
Contact Information for Amy Neff:
Office 215 809-6336
Neshaminy...We Build Futures!