The safety of our students and staff is a top priority at Neshaminy School District. The following policies and procedures have been established to ensure their safety and keep our community informed should weather or other circumstances warrant changes and/or cancellations to school and activity schedules.
Should conditions warrant an inclement weather closure, alerts will be broadcast by the following means:
- Notifications on the district web site and each school's home page
- NSDTV channel (Verizon Fios channel 43, Comcast channel 28)
- Email, text and robo-call alerts (sign up to receive these through Home Access Center)
- Neshaminy mobile app alerts
- Neshaminy District Twitter feed (@neshaminy_sd)
- Neshaminy District Facebook page (neshaminysd)
- Radio: KYW 1060 AM (NSD is code 752), WBCB 1490 AM
- TV: CBS-3, ABC-6, NBC-10, FOX-29
For regular snow / inclement weather days, a determination on school closures will be made by approximately 5:30 am and all alerts will be posted by 6:00 am. Afternoon and evening activities are automatically cancelled when schools are closed due to inclement weather unless specifically noted otherwise.
Notification of delayed opening will be made in the same manner as school closings.
Early Dismissal, Activity Cancellation
Parents and the community will be notified as early as possible for early dismissals and afternoon / evening activity cancellations using all the communication means above. See the schedules below for dismissal times.
Inclement Weather Guidelines and Policies
- Please follow the instructions for Neshaminy School District as announced on the NSD web site.
- If private schools served by Neshaminy transportation are open, but Neshaminy School District is closed due to inclement weather, there will be NO TRANSPORTATION provided.
- If Neshaminy is experiencing a weather delay, all nonpublic bus transportation will also be delayed.
- All families should have an inclement weather plan - parents of young children should arrange to have someone at the bus stop to meet their child on early dismissal days.
- Please be patient and expect delays on inclement weather days! Loading, unloading and transporting your children will likely take longer than normal on these days.
- If your child is a bus rider, please allow them to take the bus to and from school on inclement weather days to avoid crowded conditions in school parking lots.
- PLEASE DO NOT CALL OUR SCHOOLS FOR CLOSING INFORMATION. We need to keep the phone lines free and our staff available to manage inclement weather procedures and handle emergencies. Consult the District web site or other communication methods for information about your school.
- When schools are closed for inclement weather, Kids Club will also be closed. Kids Club information for delayed opening / early dismissal days will be posted on the NSD and Kids Club web sites.
(all schedules subject to change as conditions warrant)
Early Dismissal Plans
Neshaminy School District will endeavor to provide lunch whenever possible (Schedule A). If weather conditions deteriorate quickly, however, Schedule B can be initiated for an earlier dismissal time.
| Schedule A (with lunch)|| Schedule B (without lunch)|
| 11:30 am Neshaminy HS|| 10:00 Neshaminy HS|
| 12:15 pm Middle Schools|
10:45 am Middle Schools
| 1:00 pm Elementary Schools|| 11:30 am Elementary Schools|
Two-Hour Delay Start Times
Neshaminy High School: 9:16 AM
Middle Schools: 9:55 AM
Elementary Schools: 11:10 AM