Role of the Certified School Nurse
The position of a certified school nurse requires a diverse knowledge base in the practice
1. Plans and implements the state mandated school health program.
2. Participates in the formulation of objectives, standards and policies for school health.
3. Provides health counseling and guidance to pupils, parents and school personnel.
4. Works effectively with community health professionals and agencies.
5. Contributes to the total health education program of the school and community.
6. Maintains a continuing inventory of necessary health and safety equipment.
7. Assumes responsibility for the care of injured and ill students in the school setting.
8. Functions as an integral part of the Pupil Personnel service team.
9. Keeps abreast of current trends in both nursing and education.